Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's a Monster Mash...

Greetings all,

Second week of the school holidays and things have quieted down - fractionally. The sky's have been gray and I've had a visit from my Parents and youngest sister, who I am delightfully educating by taking her to comic book and record stores. An interesting weekend for in the rain at any rate. Currently listening to funk (my genre work choice for the past week at any rate) while wanting to get my teeth into the Misfits cover of Monster Mash. Seems appropriate.

Running the wheel - Mashups
Ohh - the starry sky. Excellent example, it's a shame i'm not an astronomy geek. Took a long time to load on my browser and then didn't want to move the night sky at all - oh well. I am allready a fan of Google maps. I've found them very usefull in the past for finding places and are always amused by the zoom function.
Swimming around - bighugelabs
Oh goody - what fun. http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/ is easy to navigate, use and has potential.Unfortunately, I can't see many applications which will be used besides as a local history tool but I'm more than willing to try to adapt my mind for Children's and Young Adult programs. The mash up in the top right hand corner is not only one of my favourite YouTube clips but also my new desktop. I present, The Breakfast Monkey in the style of Warhol. I've made a second picture which is Super Grover : the puzzle. It's a shame that I didn't know about this program then because this would have been a great promotional poster.
Well, I'm off to find another mash up - shall be back to tell you about it. After a mug of hot chocolate that is.
Enjoy your day,
~ mishka

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Thanks for the mashups! See, you have already found a use in posters and promotional tools. Hope you find some further applications! I found them fun, too!
Kathleen A.