Thursday, March 6, 2008

Who'd like to eat the wiki fruit?

Greetings all,

Ah, Friday. The end of another week. Just in time too because the water in this tank needs a change - it's fading the ends of my scales. Either that or it was the stress involved with starting new programs. Either way, resembling a Tequila Sunrise does not bode well for one who lives in an aquatic environment.

Running the wheel - Wiki

As a little fish in the ocean, I've come across Wikipedia in my time and have found it very useful for some quick background information and the occasional bibliography. Today I took a little dip into Wookieepedia and boy, I am not a big enough Star Wars fanatic to get enough out of this site. That said, it is fascinating look at how with the right 'experts', specialisation in Wiki's can be extremely successful. Book Lovers Wiki was interesting - reader book reviews. Immediate application could be use in with the catalogue or for book review groups. A wiki might also work with a local history collection. Montana History Wiki is a good example of that.

Now to find out if I can apply a Wiki to my job. I am unsure as of yet, but shall keep you posted if anything brilliant comes to mind.

Swimming around
PB Wiki appears to be a very user friendly Wiki site. More information when I actually receive the invite key ... *growls like a grizzly*

:Edit: Monday 10th. Have recieved the invite key and have had a go at modifying the existing Children's services page on the PB Wiki. Scarily easy. Juist click edit then the page is yours! Muaahh! I was tempted to wipe the slate clean but decided just to make a small addition.

In the tradition of Bad Pun Friday, I've included one in the title of today's entry. Bonus points for picking it up and suppressing a cringe.

Enjoy your afternoons,

~ mishka

No comments: